Thursday, February 5, 2009

Card for Grams

I just finished a card for my grams. It's just a simple stamped image but then grams isn't much into flashy stuff the way I am.

Sometimes an image just speaks to you. Other times, it's hard to find the right colors. It's always helpful to stamp a copy and test the colors first. I tried several different colors for this as you can see. I knew which basic colors I wanted the flowers, but not specifics. The background was more troubling. I really wanted to a light purple, but Gram hates purple with a firey passion, so no purple.






In the end I settled on the BG05, Holiday Blue. I really like the dark blue personally, but it just wasn't quite right for this piece.

The Spica glitter pens are perfect for adding those little finishing touches. I added some green sparkle to the centers of most of the leaves. Not only did it add oomph, but also darkened that line and added the detail.

I used the PM white paper and then the Zig 2-way glue pen to adhere it to the card front. Mostly cause my gluestick dried up and I haven't gotten to the store.

For the envelope I only inked a corner of the stamp. I tested it on scrap paper to make sure I had enough ink on the stamp, that I wasn't covering too much, too little of the image. Then I went in with the same colors I used on the card. Since the envelope is not marker paper and the colors will bleed through, I tucked a scrap piece of scrap paper in there before I colored.



No comments:

Post a Comment